20 Inspirational Quotes from Thomas Edison to Spark Your Inner Genius

 Here are 20 motivational quotes by Thomas Edison, each presented in a single line:

  1. "Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration."
  2. "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
  3. "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
  4. "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
  5. "The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense."
  6. "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time."
  7. "I never did a day's work in my life. It was all fun."
  8. "Everything comes to him who hustles while he waits."
  9. "The value of an idea lies in the using of it."
  10. "Success is 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration."
  11. "To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk."
  12. "I start where the last man left off."
  13. "There's a way to do it better - find it."
  14. "I never did anything by accident, nor did any of my inventions come by accident; they came by work."
  15. "I never allow myself to become discouraged under any circumstances."
  16. "The most important thing about my inventions is that they work."
  17. "What you are will show in what you do."
  18. "Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success."
  19. "The successful person makes a habit of doing what the failing person doesn't like to do."
  20. "There is no substitute for hard work."

Comments